Mon, 21 Jun|
Grand Millennium Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia, KL - Module 1 & 2R
Time & Location
21 Jun 2021, 08:30 – 24 Jun 2021, 16:30
Grand Millennium Hotel Kuala Lumpur, 160, Jalan Bukit Bintang, Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
About the Event
In order to complete the Hazardous Area Course for Ex Repair, Overhaul and Reclamation both Module's 1 and 2 should be taken. If you are wanting to take either module or assessments independently, please contact us on +44 (0)1904 674 899.
Module 1 - Ex Theory
- Ignition sources in flammable gases, vapours and dusts
- Principles of Ex protection for gas and dust
- Temperature classification and groups of apparatus
- Certification, standards and marking
- Requirements and procedures of ATEX, DSEAR and BS EN IEC 60079-19
- Principles and repair methods for
- Ex d (Flameproof)
- Ex e (Increased Safety)
- Ex nA (Incendive sparking)
- Ex tD (Dust)
- Other methods such as Ex p, Ex o, Ex i, Ex m, Ex q, Ex s, etc.
- Mechanical protection concepts:
- Ex c (Construction safety)
- Ex k (Liquid immersion)
- Installation, reinstallation, and testing
- Reports and records for ensuring the quality and management of repairs
- Legal requirements and safe working practices
- Module 2 - Hands-on
- Health and Safety aspects including 'Certificate of Safety' relating to receiving the equipment
- Best workshop practices for:
- Nameplate markings
- Visual Inspection
- Joint types
- Air gaps
- Drilled holes
- Axial alignment
- Final reporting, inspection and tests
- Welding and metal spraying advice
- Core tests, winding tests, phase balance tests, insulation tests, flash test.
- Tools, equipment and standards.
Module 2R - Hands-on Refresher
The repair standard for Ex equipment requires that those handling Ex equipment attend a refresher course every 3 years.
Module 2R is for international courses, and is shared with Module 2, but those requiring a refreshment assessment get a separate paper to sit.
The assessment and course includes:
- Updates on revisions to ATEX, DSEAR, Standards, equipment and procedures that have occurred over the past three years
Mods 1 & 2R (Members)
Mods 1 & 2R
Mods 1 (Members)
Mods 2R (Members)