Mon, 22 Nov|
Location is TBD
Dubai - Module 1 & 2R - Sorry - this event is now fully booked!
Time & Location
22 Nov 2021, 08:30 GTS – 25 Nov 2021, 16:30 GTS
Location is TBD
About the Event
In order to complete the Hazardous Area Course for Ex Repair, Overhaul and Reclamation both Module's 1 and 2 should be taken. If you are wanting to take either module or assessments independently, please contact us on +44 (0)1904 674 899.
Module 1 - Ex Theory
- Ignition sources in flammable gases, vapours and dusts
- Principles of Ex protection for gas and dust
- Temperature classification and groups of apparatus
- Certification, standards and marking
- Requirements and procedures of ATEX, DSEAR and BS EN IEC 60079-19
- Principles and repair methods for
- Ex d (Flameproof)
- Ex e (Increased Safety)
- Ex nA (Incendive sparking)
- Ex tD (Dust)
- Other methods such as Ex p, Ex o, Ex i, Ex m, Ex q, Ex s, etc.
- Mechanical protection concepts:
- Ex c (Construction safety)
- Ex k (Liquid immersion)
- Installation, reinstallation, and testing
- Reports and records for ensuring the quality and management of repairs
- Legal requirements and safe working practices
- Module 2 - Hands-on
- Health and Safety aspects including 'Certificate of Safety' relating to receiving the equipment
- Best workshop practices for:
- Nameplate markings
- Visual Inspection
- Joint types
- Air gaps
- Drilled holes
- Axial alignment
- Final reporting, inspection and tests
- Welding and metal spraying advice
- Core tests, winding tests, phase balance tests, insulation tests, flash test.
- Tools, equipment and standards.
Module 2R - Hands-on Refresher
The repair standard for Ex equipment requires that those handling Ex equipment attend a refresher course every 3 years.
Module 2R is for international courses, and is shared with Module 2, but those requiring a refreshment assessment get a separate paper to sit.
The assessment and course includes:
- Updates on revisions to ATEX, DSEAR, Standards, equipment and procedures that have occurred over the past three years